Read the March LION Magazine
Also in this issue:
- Check out the new department, “The Big Picture.”
- Get inspired by LCIF’s accomplishments over the past year.
- Learn about a brave and ambitious Leo.
- Read about a record donation given to Lions in Australia.
In the Digital LION, find exclusive content such as videos about Hawaiian Lions safeguarding swimmers and a Virginia club that’s helping children thrive. Also find “From the LION Vault” stories about Leader Dogs and creative club projects.
Visit the LION Magazine page to contact editors, view past issues and listen to the audio version of the magazine.
When natural disasters strike, Lions are there to offer help and support. In times of need, Lions are able to rely on disaster relief grants and funds from Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF). These grants help meet crucial immediate needs worldwide.
In February 2014, LCIF provided…
Congratulations to Shugan Raman at INTI International University & Colleges for receiving the Leo of the Year, Lions Clubs International highest recognition for service excellence.
More on the top honor at http://bit.ly/UNyS3W
Denmark, 21.06.2013, Lions Club Denmark awards a grant of DKK 600.000 for blindness research related to diabetes. The grant is presented by His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark. Members of the danish chapters of Lions Club waits for HRH Prince Henrik at Fredensborg Palace.
ADKN/Kenyan Lions club planted 11,000 trees in the Mt. Kenya forest over the weekend and will work together to plant another 10 million in Kenya by 2014.
I talk quite a bit about Amnesty International but today I am reminded just how lucky I am to be involved in Lions Club. This club has given me so much in terms of friends, leadership skills, and it even gave me my dad back. When my dad went blind in January 2010, he fell into a depression because he was 47 and lost all independence. But he reached out a local Lions Club and has ever since found great friends and is the president of his club like I am the president of my club. I love my GV Campus Lions Club!
Photo 1: The group and I at a local Meijer to help visually impaired and blind youth buy Christmas presents for their loved ones. We shop with them and wrap the gifts with them.
Photo 2: Group touring the Leader Dogs for the Blind center in Rochester, Michigan.
Photo 3: Lions at Relay for Life!
Photo 4: Me and my first Lions Club shirt from a few years ago.
Lions Clubs. We Serve.
As Lions, we care about our communities and about the health and well-being of others. This is a theme that can be seen around the world. Maybe you’ve held health screenings as a club, or maybe you have even received a Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) grant to…
Lions in the HeadlinesCheck out how Lions around the world are making headlines by serving their communities.
- PHILIPPINES: Lions Clubs District 301-B1 mobilized resources to support disaster relief efforts following a fires that hit Bacolod City.
- TENNESSEE, USA: Lions Volunteer Blind Industries, which “provides blind people the dignity of independence through employment,” opens new facility.
- MARYLAND, USA: Blind teens enjoy winter sports thanks to program sponsored by Deep Creek Lions Club.
- UNITED KINGDOM: Droitwich Lions Club supports cancer charity.
- GHANA: Accra Gye Nyame Lions Club inducts eight new members.Has your Lions club been featured in the local news recently? Share your story!